23.7 C
Kampala
September 25, 2021
Dribbler Sports
Sports

Uganda cranes captain Onyago stars as Gaston Sirino’s soul goal seals historic treble.

The protracted PSL season officially came to an end on Saturday night as Mamelodi Sundowns ran out 1-0 winners over Bloemfontein Celtic in the Nedbank Cup final at Orlando Stadium.

Sundowns set off as if they were on a training run and two minutes into the match they penetrated the Celtic penalty area where Themba Zwane skied his parting shot from an acute angle.

Celtic were living dangerously but Sundowns seemed goal-shy when in the firing zone.

In the 7th minute, Celtic staged a breakout and striker was brought down just outside the penalty area although by the time he completed the fall he landed inside the penalty area. Referee Jelly Chavani did not react to the challenge by Ricardo Nascimento and waved play on.

It was turning out to be a cagey first half which Sundowns dominated with 57% possession. However, by the time the teams changed ends, Sundowns had nothing to show for their efforts.

On the stroke of halftime, Sundowns’ Ugandan goalkeeper brought off a fine save to parry Letsoalo’s header away for a corner.

Uganda cranes skipper Denis Onyango

After the break, Sundowns did not have things their way as Celtic closed them down with first-time tackling.

By this time, the entertaining fare was calling out for a goal. It might have happened in the 57th minute, but the upright held out a curling shot from the edge of the penalty area by Sundowns striker Gastón Sirino.

After play passed the hour mark, Celtic managed several forays deep into the Sundowns half but were unable to fashion scoring opportunities.

At the other end of the field, at least two half-chances emerged for Sundowns in the opposition penalty area, but poor finishing helped Celtic to keep their defence intact.

In the 79th minute, Sirino finally brought the deadlock with a stinging low drive from just outside the area. Celtic goalkeeper Sipho Chaine made despairing dive to his left but the ball evaded his clutches as it went in off the upright.

Three minutes before the end of regulation time, Onyango brought a fine save to deny Celtic.

Related posts

Mutakubwa Aiming To Do His ‘Very Best To Perform At Highest Level’ For Express After Arriving From Kyetume Fc

Bandullu

KCCA Confirm Signing Of Midfielder Yassar Mugerwa From Ethiopia’s Sidama Coffee.

Bandullu

Onduparaka Release Vice Captain Andama Denis Koko And 13 Others

Bandullu

495 comments

Gran Finale Light By Michael Anastassiades July 29, 2021 at 5:21 am

What’s up i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this paragraph i thought i could also create comment due
to this sensible article.

atomium lampada July 29, 2021 at 2:54 am

When some one searches for his required thing, therefore
he/she wants to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.

Williambycle July 27, 2021 at 5:45 pm

completely free dating site
[url=”http://datingonlinecome.com/?”]dating personal ads[/url]

raimond Zafu July 26, 2021 at 5:06 pm

Hi, constantly i used to check weblog posts here in the early
hours in the morning, because i love to gain knowledge of
more and more.

george nelson bubble pendant replica July 19, 2021 at 1:20 am

Having read this I thought it was really enlightening.
I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this
short article together. I once again find myself personally spending
a significant amount of time both reading and posting comments.
But so what, it was still worthwhile!

viscontea lampa July 16, 2021 at 3:24 pm

Hi there this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering
if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I
wanted to get advice from someone with experience.
Any help would be enormously appreciated!

sites.google.com July 16, 2021 at 3:10 pm

Simply wish to say your article is as astounding. The clarity in your post is just great and i can assume you are an expert on this subject.

Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

nelson bubble pendant small July 16, 2021 at 2:33 pm

First of all I would like to say great blog! I had a quick
question in which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.

I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing.

I’ve had a tough time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there.
I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the
first 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints?
Thanks!

BlairHax July 16, 2021 at 3:08 am

The fundamental question should not be if, but when.

Corey July 15, 2021 at 12:52 pm

If you desire to obtain a great deal from this article then you have to apply these
techniques to your won weblog.

1 15 16 17 18 19 50